Carly is recently married and living in London, having grown up in Hampshire. Carly is well travelled and a retired London Roller Derby player (8 years), playing at a European level, which took her across Europe, the United States and Canada. Carly supported the Men’s England Roller Derby Team through the world cup in Calgary Canada in 2016, as a volunteer physiotherapist., where the team brought home a silver medal.
Carly enjoys food and wine; cooking and dining out and continues to enjoy travel and experiencing new cultures and cuisines.
Carly is passionate about delivering clinical excellence and takes great pride in helping people regain their independence and fulfil their rehabilitation goals.
- MSc CPD Module: Pathological Gait and Balance, (MSc Neurological Rehabilitation, Plymouth University (2020)
- PG Cert (Clinical gait analysis Orthotics studies, Clinical Governance). Year 1; MSc in Rehabilitation Studies Biomedical Engineering Department, Strathclyde University, UK (2018)
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, University of East London (2007)
- BSc (Hons) Sports Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention, Middlesex University, London, UK (1999 – 2004)
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist, UK
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Level 1 Medical Classifier, British Para Athletics
- Advanced Clinical Training (lokomat trainer), Advanced Lokomat Application, Hocoma,
- L100/L300 Go FES training, Ottobok, London
- Paediatric Gait Analysis and Orthotic Management, Optimal segment kinematics and alignment approach to rehabilitation, Great Ormond Street Hospital London
- Orthotics Course, A segmental kinematics & Alignment Approach to Rehabilitation, Elaine Owen. East Anglia ACPIN
- Adult Neurological Gait, Assessment & Management, Queens Square, London
- Functional Electrical Stimulation, RT300 FES bike
- Spasticity Management, Queens Square, London
- Practical Splinting Workshop, The Wellington Hospital
- Bobath Introductory Module 2: The integration of postural control and selective movement for functional activities (Part A), 2-day course, Queens Square, 2016
- AACP Foundation Acupuncture Course
- Clinical Educator Workshop, Monash University, Melbourne
Carly is a highly experienced physiotherapist, with over 10 years of clinical experience in both the NHS and the private sector. Having spent the early part of her career in Australia, teaching Clinical Pilates in private practice and working as a physiotherapist in a large teaching hospital in Melbourne. She gained a wide range of experience in Acute Neurosciences, Stroke Rehabilitation, orthopaedics, Respiratory Medicine, Critical Care and Women’s Health.
Carly has been working in the specialist field of Neurological Rehabilitation over the last 8 years, with experience in diverse clinical presentations and complex neurological disorders including;
• Spinal cord injury
• Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness,
• Complex trauma
• Traumatic Brain injury
• Peripheral nerve injuries and GBS
• Long-term neurological conditions
Carly is also a medical classifier for British Para Athletics and has gained a wide range of experience assessing and classifying athletes with congenital and acquired neurological conditions, limb deficiency and amputees.
Carly has a specialist interest in clinical gait analysis and recovery of walking. Utilising specialist skills such as Functional Electrical stimulation (FES), orthotic intervention, splinting and hydrotherapy. Carly is also highly experienced in Robotics and the use of Assistive Technology in rehabilitation, having qualified as a Hacoma approved Lokomat trainer and experienced user of RT300 Functional Electrical Stimulation bike and Hocoma Erigo. Carly is also a trained AACP acupuncture therapist.
Carly is currently the lead physiotherapist of a multi-disciplinary Gait and Orthotics Clinic within a private neurological rehabilitation unit. Carly has taken the lead in developing and implementing the service in conjunction with the principle Orthotist at Blatchford Orthotics, serving both in-patient and out-patients. The clinic specialises in clinical gait analysis and the assessment and treatment of patients with complex neurological disorders requiring orthotic intervention.